Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index Hyperspin Presales & Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Public Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Suggestions/comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunderhostCeo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Public Report Reply with quote

I have an idea that I have been thinking about for awhile. Is there any way that a Service details or just a section in the public report where you could post news to your customers if you have an outage.

Example

Lets say that port 80 is down and might be down for awhile, but you know the source of the problem. It would be nice if there was a section on the oublic report like below the monitoring box itself where you could add written details telling your customers that you are aware of it and working on it or just relay messages.

I feel that if we could enter that from your service and it would appear right under the report it would cut down on having to answer so many support tickets and such. This way the users would know you are ware of it and working on it. You could also keep them updated as your handling the situation.

Tell me what you think about this.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest customizing your public report template to include information like this. For example, you could add some text to the top or bottom of the report to say something like "All downtime alerts are sent to our support dept. If you notice a service is down, most probably we are already working on it" and so on.

Will this solve your problem? Please let me know if you need help in customizing the template.

Thank you.
thunderhostCeo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the problem is customizing the page each time would be so time consuming. If we had a spot wehre we could add details about a failed service would be great. Soemthing that we could update quickly and it would show on the public report. Maybe it could add the time it was entered and so on.

that way you better inform on the cause of the failed service and what is being done to fix it. maybe also the expected outage time. That would be entered manually.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you can enter notes for each downtime (Report -> Uptime Report -> Detailed Log and select "Edit Notes"). However, they are only shown in your account; we can probably show them in public report too.

We have recorded your suggestion and will consider it for future implementation. Please use the template as a temporary solution.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Suggestions/comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: