Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index Hyperspin Presales & Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Being a Reseller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Grossman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Being a Reseller Reply with quote

I've signed up as a reseller. I'm ready to go. I've got a domain, I've got a merchant account, I'm an experienced web developer and marketer.

What I don't have is any idea how you realistically expect someone to resell your service on any professional level with the tools you've provided.

In order to build a billing system for my users, it would need to know how many "tests" a current client already has and how long they have to expire in order to calculate the new monthly fee for whatever they're adding to their account. Is this information provided through any API or XML documented through the site? No.

Do you expect your resellers to simply keep track of it by logging into each user's account, viewing their tests page and manually adjusting charges every time someone wants to upgrade?

Why is there not alone no billing system, but not enough information to program one on my own? And no API at all so I can't add tests to an account automatically, only by hand after billing someone by hand after they've been forced to e-mail me and wait.

And why is there not enough control over the appearance of the site to even add a "billing" tab to the menu? Putting a link to one above the site's logo rather than as part of the menu does not look professional at all.

Chances are, I'll let the domain expire and move on to another project, even though this could've been profitable for the both of our companies. Honestly, I wouldn't call this a "reseller program" since it's not possible for a company to run it like the parent company. You can present the messages like "that doesn't cover the number of credits you're currently using", we can't. You get to sell on a different level than us, which means you place yourself above your resellers where more professional companies do it the other way around since they realize a network of resellers can provide much more business than a single company can itself.

Regards,
Dan Grossman
Awio Web Services LLC
http://www.awio.com
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dan,

Firstly, thank you for your feedback.

I agree that our reseller program can be further improved in the directions you've suggested: billing integration via API/XML and more customization to the appearance of the site. In fact, these have been planned for and will be implemented some time in the future. Please bear with us for time being.

We're currently working on some enhancements to the reseller program, specifically:
1. more reseller discounts
2. allow resellers to offer Free Accounts like we do
3. improvements to billing so that you can upgrade clients easily (albeit still manual).
These are what you can expect from us in the next 1-2 months, more enhancements are coming the way.

I agree that for the reseller program to be successful, we have to place resellers at the same level (if not better) as us. That is our long term goal, it just takes some time for us to work them out. Please be assured that we will work out a detailed plan for implementing the features you've suggested, thank you for your patience.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: We are done with the reseller discount & free accounts and will begin working on the API soon.
ukicnet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: design Reply with quote

Hi

When will it be planned for more customization to the appearance of the site as users are noticing the standard design and realising I am a reseller.

Also would you be able to help with the setup on a simlar script you have on your website for working out discounts and payment plans.

and then redirect user to paypal for payment.

Thanks
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have planned for the features you are requesting. They will be available once we have completed the API and (possibly) multi-lingual support.

We understand that these features are needed so that you can successfully resell. Please be assured that we are working hard to get them done in the shortest possible time.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.
vince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I love your service, and would really like to become a reseller, but not until the issues expressed above are resolved. Sad

Any update and ETA would be appreciated, as I need to offer this service soon - would prefer that to be from here.

Best wishes,

- Vince
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vince,

We are currently working on the API feature. It will be available before end of May.

There is no ETA for customizable website design (CSS, change of fonts, colors etc) yet.

Thank you.
vince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Shame it's taking so long though. Sad

Cheers,

- V
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: The reseller API is now available

The reference (documentation) can be found under Reseller -> API Reference menu of your reseller account.

Thank you.
kellz123

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here use a merchant account? I am currently using www.cardservicesales.com for my credit card processing and it works great but I need an additional merchant processor for my new site. Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: