Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index Hyperspin Presales & Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Couple of quick questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorJon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Couple of quick questions Reply with quote

When I set up the pricing on my new reseller site, I seem to recall that the currency identifier ($) was labelled as 'display only'; if I have changed this from USD to UKP (£) does that mean my clients will see £'s but get billed in $'s? And if so, does it calculate the exchange?

2nd question: how long does it take for a site to appear in the Webhost Ranking page? And do these have to be the full accounts only or do the free/trial ones show up as well? As I'm obviously monitoring my own site, I would have hoped to have seen it appear by now.

Otherwise, love everything about this sytem: easy to set up, easy to 'brand', easy to use.

Doc.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DoctorJon,

The system can display and bill in GBP (£) or any other currencies.

Settings must be made at a few places to achieve this:

1. In Reseller -> Billing -> Service Configurator, set "Currency Symbol" to GBP £ (or anything similar). This field says the value is "for display purposes only" because you still need to have a payment system that supports GBP (see step 2).

2. You will need to enable the PayPal or 2checkout module (or both). If you use PayPal, make sure you set the currency to GBP in Reseller -> Billing -> PayPal. For 2checkout, set it in your 2checkout account under "Bank Account & Payment Details".

If you miss step 2, then billing problems will arise. Suppose you have set to GBP in step 1, but your PayPal module uses USD, then we will bill GBP £1 as USD $1. The system does not perform rate exchange, so you can see how serious the issue can be if the steps are not fully followed.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thank you.
DoctorJon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Excellent. I actually did both of those steps on setup. I just had this nagging doubt about the 'display' element.
Glad that's sorted out.

I wonder if you have an answer for my second question above though?

Cheers

Doc.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to have missed your second question.

Web Host ranking is reserved for paid customers only; free and free trial users are unable to add to the ranking. To add servers/websites to the ranking, you will have to select "Edit Hosting Provider" for the server/website concerned. You will only see this option if you are a paid customer.

Thank you.
DoctorJon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK; thanks for that.

Doc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: