Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index Hyperspin Presales & Support

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrong signature in emails
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Wrong signature in emails Reply with quote

Hello,

My emails are signed with full company name instead of short company name. please check.

Thanks,
Eyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full company name is used in formal context, as in email signature. This is an intended behaviour, but it was mis-stated in the control panel (reseller settings). It has been corrected.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

choonkeng wrote:
Full company name is used in formal context, as in email signature. This is an intended behaviour, but it was mis-stated in the control panel (reseller settings). It has been corrected.

Thanks for pointing this out.


As a matter of fact, I prefer the short company name in emails, since my long name is set up as:

2006, Company name. <br> A <Another company name> Company.

The br is only for display purposes, but it shows up in emails as well.

Eyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should move this to the "Page Footer HTML" field instead where you can add any formatting you like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Header Reply with quote

Hi,

I moved it to the footer, now it's ok.

As for the header, can you remove the default header if a custom header is preset? this is the same behaviour now with the footer, when I enter data in the footer, the default footer is not shown and only the custom footer is shown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eyal,

The default header will show "Logged in as user XXX|Logout|FAQ|Contact Us" when logged in, and "Home|FAQ|Contact Us" when not. It may not be a good idea to remove it as we need to provide users the "Logout" link.

The custom header, if you specify one, will be placed above the default header. Depending on your design, you can actually move your logo into the custom header (and leave the logo URL empty). By doing this, you keep the default header closest to the navigation menu.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choonkeng wrote:
The default header will show "Logged in as user XXX|Logout|FAQ|Contact Us" when logged in, and "Home|FAQ|Contact Us" when not. It may not be a good idea to remove it as we need to provide users the "Logout" link.


Hi,

What I am actually after is to be able to customize this line "Home|FAQ|Contact Us" to show something like "Home|FAQ|Contact Us|Special offer" etc.

Eyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best solution we can come up with is to remove "Home|FAQ|Contact Us" when you specify a custom header AND leave the logo URL empty. This way you can use the custom header to show your logo, special offer or anything you like.

We will compensate for the missing logout link by showing it on the left of the screen when user is logged in.

Please let us know if this will help you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choonkeng wrote:
The best solution we can come up with is to remove "Home|FAQ|Contact Us" when you specify a custom header AND leave the logo URL empty. This way you can use the custom header to show your logo, special offer or anything you like.

We will compensate for the missing logout link by showing it on the left of the screen when user is logged in.

Please let us know if this will help you.


Sure! excellent idea, you can put the user name and logout link in the first top line, and below will go the custom header.

Eyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyal wrote:
you can put the user name and logout link in the first top line, and below will go the custom header.


I suggest to place the username & logout link below menu and above the "Setup Instructions" box. Will this be ok?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choonkeng wrote:
eyal wrote:
you can put the user name and logout link in the first top line, and below will go the custom header.


I suggest to place the username & logout link below menu and above the "Setup Instructions" box. Will this be ok?


Sorry, I can't find the place you mentioned... do you mean below menu "Home, Monitoring, Pricing, etc?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eyal, the logout link will be shown below the menu "Monitoring, Report, Contacts, Maintenance, Account" once user is logged in. It will not be shown if user is not logged in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choonkeng wrote:
Hi eyal, the logout link will be shown below the menu "Monitoring, Report, Contacts, Maintenance, Account" once user is logged in. It will not be shown if user is not logged in.


Hi choonkeng, I just now noticed the position you mentioned, I think it's good choice to put it there. Waiting to test the results...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
choonkeng
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eyal,

We have added this feature. Now, to completely remove the default header, simply specify a custom header and leave the logo URL empty (move the logo into custom header instead).

Please try it and feedback to us.

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyal



Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Very good implementation. Works as I wanted. Thanks!

The reason for this request was my need to add custom pages, as I asked earlier, will there be a possibility to have a general php file that can take an html or a text and add it as part of the site?

Eyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group