Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index Hyperspin Presales & Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrong signature in emails
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, we do not support adding your own pages to the site. Resellers who want ultimate control of their site can use the "simple login page" option, and implement the rest of the site on their own. Having that said, we will still consider your suggestion and may implement it if there is sufficient demand.

At this time, you will need to host these additional pages on your server and link to them from the header/footer. To achieve better integrated look and feel, you can try the following:
1. Save a complete page (including referenced images and stylesheet) from your reseller site as a TEMPLATE, eg. http://yourresellersite/features.php
2. Modify the template to include information you want
3. Host the page (and associated images and stylesheet) on your server and link to them from header/footer.

The steps will make your pages appear as if they are part of the site, and users may not even notice they are viewing offsite pages.

Thank you.
eyal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about your suggestion earlier, but I'm not sire the login box link will work this way, I'll try and see.

Thanks.
eyal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem, I have uploaded html file to my root html directrory, when I call it I get the index file instead. As a matter of fact, every file name I call even thugh it does not exist on my server loads the main page.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry eyal, I don't understand your problem.

PM me full details like the URLs etc?

Thanks.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you upload the HTML file? If you uploaded through Reseller -> Theme, that only allows you to upload theme files, and you can't upload HTML files.
eyal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the file using FTP of the hosting account of my reseller related domain.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where you upload your files to. The fact is, we do not support FTP upload, and it's impossible that you have uploaded files to your reseller site with us.

Can you PM me the IP you upload to, and the FTP username?
eyal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I managed to achieve my goal by saving a page as template, customizing it and uploading it to sub domain of my site. It's working fantastic now but still, a solution for custom pages is needed. Hope you manage to add this feature some time. PM me if you need suggestions.

Thanks,

Eyal.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked your site, it looks great.

Yes, please send me suggestions Smile
eyal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a new file is neede, something like general.php that can take parmeters, in the reseller setup page we need an option to add html code for the custom pages and then the new php file will add the html to the code when it' called by the parameter something like:

www.site.com/general.php?faq
www.site.com/general.php?specials

etc.

Eyal.
choonkeng
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is sufficient if custom pages contain text only. Things become complicated if you want to add tables (or lists) and make them look like those on the reseller site. The tables and lists are made up from images, and you will need to copy HTML code from the template again. Furthermore, the HTML codes you add are static, so changing your site theme will not change them accordingly.

People will also ask to integrate custom pages to the site menu. That's another feature we can consider. Ultimately, we may end up with a "sitebuilder" but honestly that will take a long time to develop, and may not be our first priority.

Anyway, please keep suggestions coming if you have any. We may be able to find some simpler workarounds, or materialize the full feature in the future.

Thanks for all your feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperspin Presales & Support Forum Index -> Reseller Setup & Operation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: